Sunday 29 March 2009

Protection Paladin 3.1 Set Bonus's


So, with 3.1 bringing alot of new changes i guess it's time for me to have a write up of how i think this is going to affect the paladin as a tank!

So to start off with gear bonus's and how that will affect us.

The two piece set bonus is, Increases the damage done by your seals of Vengeance, Corruption and Righteousness by 10%. This to me can be took in two ways. it gives you the Opportunity to put out alot of burst threat in the start but then this becomes a very poor bonus after the first judgement is put down. to explain this with using Glyph of Seal of Righteousness you can drop alot of burst threat on a target with using this seal but on a long term basis it will not beat Seal of Vengeance This is because as you can see after 5 stacks you'll increase the Holy damage by 50% and that really does add up on top of the vengeance tick. So my sum up of this is that it gives a good bit of burst starting threat but after the first 10 seconds is useless

The four piece set bonus is: Shield of Righteousness now increases your shield block value by 225 for that attack and for 3 sec afterward. Shield of the Righteousness was one of my most favourite things brought in within WotLK it gave us the opportunity to really get stuck in with some single target tanking rather than AoE. This is going to give out a significant amount of single target threat for this and for Holy Shield. My plan will be to use this in conjunction with Libram of Obstruction So ill lay down my Judgement, use Shield of the Righteousness and boom. From the set bonus and that item ill have a extra 575 BV to add to my 1.3k and its a rather nice sum to keep refreshing every 3/8 seconds!

In terms of me and Phood hopefully i should be easier to heal due to the gear level increase and the fact that ill be mitigating more with the extra block value of the set bonus. It will be interesting to see how this will show for him and if he'll actually be paying enough attention to notice :P

Seaver




Seaver just gave me a "blocking 101", now how I understand it 50-odd% of the time he will be hit and block an extra 225 damage, if he gets hit 100 times (ballpark figure for a 10 min fight) in a fight and 50 of those are block mitigated, 60-odd% of that will have this buff up so lets say 30 hits,then that's 6k extra healing I don't have to do. with ~20-30% over-healing that's ~9k or a regrowth or one of my other faceroll spells that I'm not going to have to throw and can either save me mana or be used else where. So yay (I think)! As to Glyphed of Seal of Righteousness I'm not even going to pretend to understand the subtleties of that, but one thing that pops into mind is wave tanking and it maybe being a benefit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment